J&L Grid Charts furnish a rapid means of making coordinate or unit measurements of heights, widths, or contours.
1. Provide a rapid, simple means of measurement on comparators not equipped with measuring facilities.
2. Will inspect spacing easily on such things as filament wires, threads in cloth, woven wire, pen point nibs, small form tools, etc.
3. Useful when used as a master for checking temporary charts made on J&L blank drawing charts.
4. When a permanent photographic record is to be made, a grid chart, photographed with the image, gives an accurate scale wit which to read the picture.
5. Angels, specified in terms of taper per inch, can also be determined readily by noting the ratio between horizontal and vertical increments.